Gas stoves are the most common cooking appliances you can find in many kitchens. The good thing about them is that they are very easy to use and you can use them to prepare all types of meals. Again, they are affordable, durable and are easy to maintain. Today finding a quality gas stove is not an easy task due to the many brands and models available on the market. To make your work easier when buying, we have outlined some of the things you should check when buying the best gas stove. Check them below.
- Number of burners– Gas stoves come with different sizes according to the number of burners they have. This allows you to choose the one that matches with the number of people you have in your family. For example, if you live alone, you should look for a single burner gas stove. For those with small families, 2 or 3 burner gas stoves will be the most suitable. In case you have a very large family of more than 4 people, you should look for a 4-burner stove. However, these burners consume more fuel than the smaller models.
- Available space– You also need to compare the available sizes to ensure that the one you have picked will perfectly fit on your kitchen countertop. In case you do not have a lot of space, you should look for a small model. Alternatively, use a gas stove.
- Materials –Gas stoves are made of different materials. When buying, you need to ensure that the materials used for burner is strong and elegant. Traditional gas burners were made of cast iron materials but today you can find the gas burners which are made of aluminium, cast iron and brass. As compared to other materials, brass is the best because this material distributes the heat equally to the pan. Apart from that, brass gas burners are strong and long lasting. Aluminium gas burners are also great since they are good conductors of heat but they are not resistant to corrosion. This means that they are les durable than brass gas burners.
- Safety– Gas Stoves are among the most dangerous cooking equipment which means that you need to be cautious every time you are using them. When buying, you also need to check if the appliance is certified by various organizations.
- Energy efficiency– You do not need a gas stove that consumes a lot of fuel because this means that you will need to spend a lot of money on the fuel. An energy efficient gas stove will allow you to deep fry, bake or toast without worrying too much about the fuel.
- Cleaning – These appliances are likely to become messy since they are used on daily basis. To make your work easier when cleaning, you need to look for a model that is easy to clean. Glass top gas stoves are the easiest to clean and maintain.
- Heat control – Since you will be using the gas stove to prepare different meals, it is important you choose a unit with multiple heat settings. This will allow you to prepare different meals more easily since different foods require different temperatures.
- Brand – If you are searching for a reliable gas stove, make sure that you get one from a reputable company Look for companies that provides after sales services or those brand that have been on the market for long. You also need to check the warranty period of the appliance.
- Gas Inlet connection – Gas Stoves comes with a pipe inlet at the back or on the sides. In case your kitchen has a small platform, you should ensure that the gas inlet is located on the side. However, if you have a spacious kitchen, you can consider any which suits your preferences.
- Control knobs – These knobs are rotary switches that help you to control the appliance. Cooktops are equipped with control knobs that matches the number of burners. Therefore, you need to ensure that the knobs are easy to grip or use. This means that you need to ensure that they are large enough.
- Space between burners – If the Stove has more than 3 burners, you need to ensure that there is enough space between them for easier cooking. If they are too close to one another, it will be impossible to use all the burners at a time.
- Price – The price of gas stoves is determined by different factors such as the size, materials used and design. The most durable gas stoves are very expensive. You will also find that large gas stoves or those with 4 burners are the most expensive. Again, auto ignition stoves are more expensive that manual ignition gas stoves.
- Type of ignition – Gas stoves come with 2 modes of ignition which are auto-ignition and manual ignition. The auto-ignition mode is the most advanced because it uses an inbuilt ignition feature which requires a battery. On the other hand, you will need to use a gas lighter or a matchstick for gas stoves that use manual ignition. Therefore, you need to check the type of ignition used in the gas stove before buying.
As compared to other cooking appliances, gas stoves are the most popular. This is because they are very safe since there are no risks of short circuits like when you are using electric appliances. They are also easier to use and more affordable than the electric cooking appliances. Another major benefit of these appliances is that they are not affected by power outages which means that they are the most convenient. If you have been searching for the best 3 or 4 burner gas stove, it is our hope that this guide will help you in determining the best.